Make a joyful noise to the Lord all the earth
Psalm-150
The audience had filled the stadium almost to capacity and the "audience-warmer" DJ enthusiastically blasted the air with recorded sounds of R&B and soul music greats while the audience responded energetically dancing in celebratory anticipation of the historic concert, co-headlining two R&B icons. It was a giant pre-concert stadium-filled party southern style with vibrant dancing and wild routines of twerking, hustle routines on the main floor embellished by audio call and responses. Some of the live concert music fans chants sounded like college fraternity and sorority chants from a roaring and cheering pre-game crowd.
It was then that I looked around and observed that the seats were filled to capacity with the magnetic energy of thousands of fans-70,000 capacity seating in unison eagerly anticipating Brown and Usher's appearance on stage. It was dazzlingly uplifting to view the coordinated light show conducted by the pre-show DJ who led the crowd in a symphony of lights by their seating sections. Instructed to "put your lights on", the result was a bright switch off-and-on that was done quickly between the sections and created a beautiful flashing light pattern by section across the stadium when that particular section received the command. The light was provided by individual cell phones.
I wish I could have filmed it. A wonderful display of solidarity among fans around the stadium created a harmony and sense of unity that would encircle the stadium throughout the concert. It was truly inspiring to observe what the love of these world class entertainers could inspire.
I had the good fortune to view it via livestream. It was an educational experience to say the least, in the midst of a vast community of concert attendees enjoying the experience of robust commentary by other fans-as they observed the vocals and dance moves of Brown and Usher. They made the kind of relational outbursts you may have experienced from excited movie fans in a neighborhood theater. Cheering the stars on like they were close family members or friends.
In summary, I thought the concert was very good. What I noted most were the vocals, both Usher's and Brown's stage presence and the audience's enthusiastic response to their favorite songs. The sound wss somehow crisper and clearer from previous concerts that I observed before. Of course, we know each artist can sing and they have the accolades, record sales and Grammys to prove it. We also know that the music for the tour is being done by the well-known and respected Avila brothers. But if this means anything to all you audiophiles out there, the microphones were indeed on, as one person interjected frequently during the singing and you could definitely tell.
Usher performed first making his entrance with customary smooth, suave and cool swagger. The ladies in the audience went wild. I had one screaming in my ear, "that man is so fine" as he made his way to center stage. All eyes were on him during his selection of a woman from the VIP section to perform one of the rather risque sexually heated scenes. She was rather nonchalant and Usher quickly picked up on it and handled the matter with class and finesse. His performances of "Climax", "Confessions","You Don't Have to Call", "Superstar", "You Got It Bad", "Let It Burn", the joining or mixing transition with Chris on "It Depends" and of course his duet with Chris the concert finale song "New Flame" were just fine, well received by the audience and on point.
You could clearly hear and listen to the vocal runs. Chris Brown's singing on "Something in the Water", "Residuals", "With You", "Ain't No Way", "Forever", his dance spins and the real quasi-explicit pole dance scene with the dancer roused the audience, though it was toned down a bit. A little old-fashioned myself I appreciated that and I'll just leave it there. His flight through the air thrilled the audience. I am not too keen on that flying through the air myself. However, he and the audience seem to enjoy it immensely. I'm always on pins and needles.
I really enjoyed the show and had pretty good views throughout surrounded by some rambunctious personalities who loudly made their views known.😉 Although the Nissan Stadium's wifi was sketchy at times participating in the online chat in which I wrote a prayer before the concert started and at the end of wishing everyone a safe exit from the stadium and safe travels home.
If you have the opportunity, get your tickets to the show. The concert is definitely worth it.
God bless,
Cynthia Wilson
No comments:
Post a Comment